Abigale Berwager Schreier
Oglethorpe University – May 2008
LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/aberwager/
Self-Employed Freelance Writer/Editor
July 2014 – Present
Romper, Bustle Media Group
Lifestyle Staff Writer, June 2017 – Present
- Research, interview sources, and write nine articles per week discussing prenatal, pregnancy, and parenting questions, in addition to articles about books, pop-culture, and personal narrative essays.
- Self-publish the articles, photos and links using a CMS server.
- All articles assigned to me (except for the personal narrative essays) are based on user-generated questions, based on SEO.
I Love McDonough, GA
Contributing Writer, January 2016 – August 2017
- Wrote local, feature stories about events, places and people who live and work in the city of McDonough.
- Uploaded stories to the website, as well as monitored, edited and posted the events listings and lost pets listings.
- Managed stories and updating on the Facebook page.
Sedo Audio/ Chord & Major Headphones
Freelance Writer, November 2015 – January 2018
- Revamped client’s website by writing all the web copy, including artist endorsements, headphone specs, and other marketing materials.
- Created visual concepts through written stories for the sliding billboard on the website.
- Interviewed musicians and wrote band biographies, and feature stories on band brand ambassadors.
McDonough Hospitality & Tourism Department
Freelance Writer, March 2016 – July 2016
- Wrote reviews on local McDonough restaurants to promote tourism.
- Wrote reviews on local musicians and concerts to promote tourism.
Copy Editor, July 2014 – January 2016
- Edited brochures, presentation decks, and other forms of media for this national agency.
Copywriter, August 2015 – November 2015
- Revamped copy for the company’s new website.
- Wrote blog posts pertaining to animals and healthy foods/lifestyles for pets.
Druid Hills Outlook Magazine
Freelance Writer, May 2015 – January 2016
- Wrote feature articles and reviews on local businesses and restaurants for this neighborhood magazine.
- Proofread and edited articles for publication, ensuring they told a clear, concise and engaging story and maintained the publication’s voice and tone.
Green Gate Marketing
Freelance Writer, April 2015 – July 2015
- Wrote blogs, webpage content and press releases on behalf of Green Gate’s clients, which included nonprofits and small and local businesses.
- Uploaded and formated blogs and webpage content via Squarespace onto Green Gate’s clients’ websites.
- Proofread and edited blog posts and web content for publication, ensuring they told a clear, concise and engaging story and maintained the brand’s voice and tone.
- Maintained Green Gate’s social media profile, as well as client’s profiles, which included responding to readers on-the-fly and generating fresh content.
Freelance Writer/Ghost Blogger, December 2013 – April 2015
- Maintained active freelance writing schedule to produce top-quality website SEO content for clients that included a rehabilitation center, an insurance agency, a personal injury law firm, a children’s cookware website, and others.
- Proofread and edited articles for publication, ensuring they told a clear, concise and engaging story and maintained each brand’s voice and tone.
But I Tried So Hard – A Millennial’s Guide to Making it in the Workforce
- Edited the book, in full, before publication.
¡Tortillas! Queen Mother and Son’s Cookbook
- Edited the cookbook, in full, before publication.
Alston & Bird LLP
Business Development Department
Copy Editor: February 2014 – July 2014
Editorial Specialist: March 2011 – February 2014
- Copy edited and wrote a broad range of copy for firm’s website, marketing communications and professional publications. Seamlessly tailored writing tone to suit a wide variety of media and audiences.
- Managed time under pressure to produce quick-turn client pitches, press releases, newsletters, advertisements and other collateral.
- Managed a team of seven people through the advisory and client newsletter process from creation, initial editing, formatting, proofreading and distribution to clients.
- Composed tweets and LinkedIn posts promoting attorney-authored articles, publications/newsletters and other awards and recognitions received by the firm.
Atomic Family Magazine
Freelance Writer, August 2009 – 2012
- Maintained active freelance writing schedule to produce top-quality lifestyle content, including on-site interviews with local personalities, book reviews and feature stories.
- Proofread and edited articles for publication, ensuring they told a clear, concise and engaging story.
Music Editorial Freelance Writer/Intern, May 2008 – January 2009
Online Intern, May 2007 – August 2007
- Wrote local concert and album reviews and conducted interviews with influencers such as The Moth show host Dan Kennedy and Atlanta’s “legendary” musician, Mack Messiah.
- Fact-checked, edited and researched content ranging from concert listings and events to information for special issues Georgia Music Directory and Urban Explorer.
- Developed, edited and published web content including blog posts, slideshows, videos, audio clips and Podcasts. Implemented content for Creative Loafing’s four regional websites.
- Wrote for the “Fresh Loaf” news blog and print edition. Organized voting data for “Best of…” issues.
- Maintained Creative Loafing’s social media profiles, including responding to readers on-the-fly and generating fresh content.
Writing Workshops and Classes: Hollis Gillespie’s “Shocking Real-Life Writing Seminar” and Alston & Bird’s Grant Writing Workshop.
Relevant Skills: MS Office; Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook content syndication; AP Stylebook and The Chicago Manual of Style writing styles.